Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Placement



1.            I personally believe I would be best at learning new pieces of software and teaching teachers and students how to use technology and software. I have always been a computer and programming person and thus, learning new software is not only my strength, but also something I enjoy doing. I am patient and learn quickly which would help me figure out different software efficiently. In addition, I personally download and try to play around with new software at home, which makes me experienced with a lot of software.

                 After learning the software myself, I would be able to teach teachers and students how to use it too.  With my experience in computers, I believe that I can grasp key concepts of a program really fast and have no trouble in explaining others how to do so. Also, by October 27th, I will have more experience in this field as I am, along with a friend, teaching students how to use Google Sketchup. I am also very patient, understanding and thorough, which would help me succeed in teaching students and teachers any software.

                Out of the choices given, finding online resources for teachers would not be a good fit for me.  I am more of an application person, and do not enjoy too much work. I like to finish my assignments fast and efficiently. I cannot stand staring at a computer, doing research for other software that might benefit the teachers or students.

2.  -Creativity 7: As far as creative thinking, I believe I can come up with some interesting ideas that would benefit the school. However, I am not creative at ALL when it comes to creative arts (visual arts/drawing).
-Responsibility 9: I believe, and have been told by my peers and parents, that I am very responsible. I do as I say, get my work done before due dates and make sure that I work efficiently.
-Web Design 7: I do not have too much experience with web design, however, I still have some knowledge and can do the backbone (programming) part of the website. The front end (templates on photoshop), I would be terrible as I lack creativity in terms of visual arts.
-Developing action plans 9: I am very organized and know what to do in times of trouble. I try to keep track of what and when things are happening.
-Teach other people 9: I have a lot of experience with teaching others. I also tutor outside of school for volunteering purposes
-Meeting Deadlines 10: I make sure I complete everything on time-no matter what it takes.

3. I am very comfortable with leading a group as I believe I am not a follower.

4. I would prefer to work in a group as I believe everything just works better that way. There could be an equal distribution of the workload and would be easy to track how everyone is doing. On the other hand, in a team, not everyone does equal work and it is hard to keep track of everyone. Working alone gives maximum workload.

5. I am most comfortable in Engineering and Programming (not on the list). On the list however, I am most comfortable with Geography, media and English. I am not comfortable with Biology and Business as I have not taken the courses, and History as I have no interest in that course.



No comments:

Post a Comment